It is that time of the hectic week again when we wait for the last day of the busy week to get over and plans for spending quality weekends with the family. Weekends mean a small outing followed by nice lunch and dinner with the family.
So, here are some nice ideas about recipes that will satisfy the cravings of the family.
Choices are listed below: -
- Stir-fried rice with vegetables
- Grilled chicken with garlic and lemon
- Creamy spinach
- Smoked salmon dip
- Grilled steak with cream sauce and asparagus.
Yes, I know the taste buds have already started salivating so why wait, let us get started with the preparations.
STIR-FRIED RICE WITH VEGETABLES
- Vegetables of your choice
- Cooked rice (half-boiled)
- Minced garlic
- Softened butter
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Wash all the vegetables properly then take a wooden cutting board (you can use any of your choices or even you can find those on our website https://kitchenboardmaniacs.com/) and cut the vegetables into small dices or any of your choices of shapes and keep aside.
- Now heat a wok and put some softened butter followed by minced garlic and diced vegetables.
- Stir fry the vegetables then add cooked rice, salt to taste, and black pepper and cook till you get a nice aroma.
- Once done garnish with chopped cilantro on top and serve hot with your favorite entrée.
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND LEMON
- Chicken breasts (number of pieces according to your choices)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper crushed
- Dark soy sauce
- Red chili sauce
- Brown sugar
- Lemon juice
- Grated ginger
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Now take a wooden cutting board (you can use any of your choices or even you can find those on our website https://kitchenboardmaniacs.com/), a place that chicken wrapped in cling wrap or parchment paper, and slightly flatten it with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Once done, season it with salt and pepper on both sides and set aside.
- Now take a bowl put all the ingredients except the chicken, mix it well and make a juicy paste. Now coat that chicken with this paste nicely and keep aside.
- Heat a grill pan, put some olive oil and place the coated chicken and cook slowly on both sides well until it’s nice, glossy and soft. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot.
Christmas is around the corner and when we say Christmas it means celebrating the birthday of Jesus Christ, having a family get-together, having fun, and much more.
Christmas is celebrated on December 25 which includes attending churches for prayers, decorating the houses with beautiful Christmas trees, exchanging gifts, and sharing meals with family and close friends, and lastly waiting for Santa Clause to arrive and surprise the children with gifts.
When the holiday season is knocking on the door how can we forget about the delicious meals prepared for this day?
So, here are some lists of delicacies you can prepare at home: -
- Roasted Garlic Mashed potatoes
- Sautéed green beans and asparagus with garlic and chive butter
- Roasted turkey
- Pumpkin/Apple pie
Now let me give you some of the recipes in detail. Let’s start with: -
ROASTED GARLIC MASHED POTATO:
- Olive oil
- Red Potatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Heavy Cream
- Chopped parsley
- Roast garlic, remove cloves, and mash.
- Boil the red potatoes until very soft, drain and mash.
- Now heat a frying pan and put some butter and mashed potatoes and stir.
- Now pour 1 cup of warm milk, mashed garlic, and cream and continue stirring.
- Once the texture is thick. Season with some salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley and serve with soup of your choice or garlic bread.
Now, our next recipe
Christmas meal is incomplete without roasted turkey. This is a complete meal that requires minimal prep work with fantastic textures and amazing flavors.
- 4 to 4.5-pound turkey
- Melted butter
- Minced garlic or garlic powder
- Lemon pepper
- Dried basil and thyme
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- At first, take a 4 to 4.5-pound turkey and clean it nicely.
- Now take a wooden cutting board whichever is available (we recommend using the large walnut wood cutting board from kitchen board maniacs) and place the turkey on it. Remove the giblets from the turkey with the help of a knife and dry off the skin with some paper towels.
- Now take a rack and place the turkey (breast side up) on top and put the rack over a shallow roasting pan.
- Now brush the turkey with butter and rub garlic all over the chicken nicely.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, lemon pepper, dried basil, and thyme and rub it onto the turkey as well as inside also put some garlic cloves along with half a lemon and a fresh rosemary sprig. You can put any other fresh herbs of your choice.
- Now tie the legs with kitchen twine and tuck the wings under the body and roast uncovered for about 90 minutes.
- When the skin is golden, and juices run clear it means your turkey is done.
- Once it’s done, remove the turkey from the oven and pour the juices that are glazing in the tray on top of the turkey and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
So, with this, it’s time to wrap up.
Hope you enjoyed reading and got an idea about the delicious meals to be prepared during the holidays.
Happy holidays & prosperous Merry Christmas!!!